vrijdag, mei 27, 2011

Horror movie is actually scary? SAY WHAT!?

A few days ago I've watched the scariest movie I've ever seen. I'm STILL thinking about the movie and I sometimes think I see a ghost flashing by.  

THANK YOU,
Insidious
(watch the trailer if you want)

Most of my friends know that I love horror movies and that being scared is a big 'rush' for me. I love the feeling a horror movie can give you and I want more of the scare. Well I got what I wanted!

Insidious is a story about ghosts and demons. I believe in ghosts and demons. This story comes close to what I expect when seeing a ghost or a demon (if I'd ever see them clearly like they show you in the movie).

I'm not going to talk about how and why I believe, because I don't like to argue with non-believers. (It is a major waste of time and too much stress for me to handle.)

When it comes to ..'supernatural' things (not talking about the series, that's a first), I want to know everything about it. That's why I'm so obsessed with horror movies and mythological things.

I'm probably so obsessed about the movie because I've never experienced that I was so scared during a movie. I can't understand that this movie is soo different from the others.

It's probably because there were a few personal fears that they used.

1. Demon looks really like a few demons they use in Indonesian culture (I am -half- Indonesian).

Not exactly ofcourse. But there are some elements that just remind me of it... (and yes it also looks like Darth Maul LOL!) - I do think they look scary though o_O

2. Ghost stands at window. - This is a personal fear I've had for as long as I can remember. I am scared of the dark because I'm afraid that out of NOWHERE someone is standing there, staring into your soul like they want to eat your heart. ...I always run to my room because my room is next to a door where there is a small window. I fear for a dude staring through the window. ...MOVING ON.

3. Some scary moments aren't placed when you expect them. One thing I grasp onto is that ghosts mostly don't manifest when it's noon. Insidious does not apply this rule at. all.

4. The cinema is big, so the sounds are LOUD. I'm sensitive for sounds.. they make my heart beat faster and stuff. o_o

5. The movie somehow really SHOWS you things. It's not some shade passing by or a quick face that you can't really identify if you don't pause the movie, but actual seeing something. I think they did a really good job at this. I thought it was something I had never seen before for some reason... Can't quite put my finger on why exactly that is though. Other movies also show you things, but this one was ... different. (Probably because special effects are getting better and better too XD)

I think the makers of Paranormal Activity know my fear-spot. PA 1 + 2 also scared me a lot (use of sound probably helped a lot XD). I also like the saw movies, but they don't scare me at all. It's just bloody, but OK to watch from time to time.. :)

One downside (or maybe a plus for people who have an even weaker heart than me) is that they added these two goofies who reminded me of Ghostfacers :/ I could rest my heart a little when they cracked some jokes, and I think that's exactly why they added them.. but I did think that it was kinda off at times.
There also was one scene where this ghost looks like a failed vampire XD that really ruined the moment for me. LOL! But other than that... best scary movie I've seen.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten