dinsdag, augustus 09, 2011

Anatomy of an outfit: Make up

Hey guys,

I'm going to try and make some fashion and make up related posts, because I love both subjects. I don't qualify myself as a make up guru or something (I'm not Michelle Phan!) but I'd like to share some 'looks' (they're quite simple really ^^) with all of you. :3 I'm a little nervous about this as you might notice~

Here goes!
It's a pretty simple look, but I don't wear this every day. Because of my choice of clothes I like to use a little more black.

First of all I started off clean; wash your fash (with facewash or whatever is good for your skin) and then apply some facial cream. Make sure you have one that's good for your skin type! Some facial creams can only make your skin too greasy and some even burn! But with the right one you can make your skin feel like a little baby :) If you have one with SPF it will also protect your skin against the sun (and for those who want to stay white, it will also slow down the tanning process ;p. I don't need that because I'm as white as a ghost, but when it's summer I always use my SPF 20 skin cream! This way I don't need to use other sunblock that's used for my body. BTW, I always use SPF 20, what do you guys use?)

please don't mind my face, when I wear my hair back my face turns into this round object... I call myself a bapao when that happens. I just came out of the shower so my hair is still wet.

For this look I start with eyeliner. Most people finish with eyeliner because you can manage the amount of black afterwards. I'm just really messy when it comes to lining my tightline. (The -inside- upperline of your eyes. Google it if needed!)
So line your tightline, but don't line your waterline! It will close up your eyes making them too dark. (Unless this is what you're going for.) 
I also lined the outer half of my lower lashline. Make sure it's a thin line as close to your eye as possible. Then use a cotton bud or a brush (one like on my picture) to smudge the line, as if it's fading.
I used a small pencil in stead of the usual thicker ones. You can use whichever you want, but like I said, I'm clumsy... So I don't take any risks. XD


I then use my new eyeshadow from Indonesia~ which is a simple brown color and  color my eyelids. I also used a little black eyeshadow on the outer sides of my eyelids. Sorta blending it with my already lined lines.
I like to use a brush to apply my eyeshadow, but if you have clean fingers (so you won't smudge or make your eyes greasy) you can also just apply it with your fingers.


Curl your lashes and use mascara! Evenly apply and don't forget your lower lashes. It's not a must, do as you prefer! (Bourjois Paris Clubbing Mascara)



Finish off with lipstick + gloss and voila! Everyone I know here in Holland hates lipstick, but I adore it! *O* I don't always use gloss because it's too sticky for me. (Maybelline lipstick and fruity gloss)

Well that was that. :3 I then finally did my hair, and I look a lot better XD.

I hope you liked my first make up related post XD and that you can use this look too. X3 Show me pictures if you do! =D

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Desi sexy ;$
    Leuke post! XD ookal gebruik ik geen make-up. XD!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Desi je haar is zo mooi *-*

    En leuke post! X3 ben benieuwd naar je volgende beauty posts! =D Ik gebruik ook altijd eyeliner als eerst, teehee~~

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen